Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Best Thing (Or A Primer On How To Cope With Complete And Absolute Rejection From Someone You Thought You Loved)

the best thing I could do
the best thing I could do
the best thing I could do
would be to forget about you...

I saw your picture today
a flood of memories came
more than I had anticipated
I still feel the same...

like a lightenin' bug in
the bottle of a child
like the cliche of the
moth drawn to the fire
my heart still beat doubletime
whenever I imagine you and I,
so...

the best thing I could do
the best thing I could do
the best thing I could do
would be to forget about you...

foolish misunderstandings
combined with my immature ramblings
I'm the only one of your saviors
who could never save ya...

you're a dark pit of disillusion
anyone can see, because thats
all you allow yourself to be
but I swear I saw something
much more deep...

oh I saw and see so much beauty
across the years, miles and styles,
my memory is etched in now
but yellow and brown are the sounds
of despair you turn to when you're confused
and I wanted to take it all on with you
but you pushed me away so

the best thing I could do
the best thing I could do
the best thing I could do
would be to forget about you

will one day I find you by chance
dreaming in your sketchbook
in a cafe in Paris, France?
you may not recognize me by then
but I can assure you I'll still be your friend
can you comprehend? till we meet again

the best thing I could do
the best thing I could do
the best thing I could do
would be to forget about you

No comments:

Post a Comment